Chaska Fire Department
CALL FOR FIREFIGHTERS
The City of Chaska Fire Department is recruiting new paid-on-call firefighters for the year 2018!
Successful recruits become part of the proud team of Chaska firefighters. Few part-time jobs afford the chance to help others, serve the community, and qualify for a pension, all while providing an essential public service.
Because the Chaska Fire Department provides a critical service to the community, it must take every precaution to select the best possible candidates who fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Hold a valid State of Minnesota driver's license to maintain active membership
- Must have a residence within ten minutes of the Chaska Fire Station
- Must be able to carry out responsibilities and provide good communication in a calm, positive, and professional manner under emergency conditions
- Must successfully pass a thorough background check prior to being accepted
- Must successfully pass the Chaska Fire Department-sponsored stress test, pulmonary function test, physical exam, and psychological evaluation
For more information about the position, please contact the Chaska Fire Chief, Tim Wiebe at 952-227-7457 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted online by the end of the day on Friday, April 27, 2018. To apply, click here. If you have any issues with the application, please email HR@chaskamn.com.
In September, the department hosts an open house. During fire prevention week, firefighters are at schools and elderly housing units teaching young and old about the hazards of fire.
The department is available for questions you have as a home or business owner.