Chaska Fire Department provides a critical service to the community, it must take every precaution to select the best possible candidates who fulfill the following criteria:
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Hold a valid State of Minnesota driver’s license to maintain active membership.
• Must have a residence within ten minutes of the Chaska fire station.
• Must be able to carry out his/her responsibilities and provide good communications in a calm, positive, and professional manner under emergency conditions.
• Must successfully pass a thorough background check prior to being accepted.
• Must successfully pass the Chaska Fire Department-sponsored stress test, pulmonary function test, physical exam, and psychological evaluation.
The Chaska Fire Department offers a paid training program for new recruits in order to receive a full understanding of basic firefighting techniques, as well as emergency medical response procedures for basic life-saving activities. Recruits are expected to complete Firefighter I & II courses within the first six months of acceptance, and Emergency Medical Responder/CPR within 12 months, comprising an initial training commitment of 200 hours. A weekly two-hour business/training meeting takes place every Monday evening. Firefighters are issued all necessary equipment, at no personal cost to the recruit.
For more information, please contact the Chaska Fire Chief, Tim Wiebe at 952-227-7457 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted to the Chaska Fire Station at 285 Engler Boulevard, Chaska, Mn. 55318 by 4:30 pm on Friday April 29, 2016. Applications are available online at www.Chaskamn.com.