Highway 41 is now closed to traffic between Hundertmark Rd. and Pioneer Trail through early Sept. 2018. Construction crews were able to close the road and complete the traffic switch by 4 a.m. on Mon, June 11. Here's a few things to remember over the next few months:
- The Hwy 41/Pioneer Trail intersection is now a three-way stop.
- Northbound and southbound Hwy 41 traffic between Hundertmark Rd. and Hwy 212 is now using the newly-paved lanes on the west side of the road.
- You can watch construction progress any time online via the project webcams.
Thank you for your patience these last few days while the community adjusts to new routes. Remember to pay attention and be courteous in all construction zones. Please avoid cutting through the residential neighborhoods, too.
- This week, crews are removing the Highway 41 pavement and starting storm sewer work and excavation for the pedestrian tunnel near Lake Grace.
- Next week, crews will start constructing the pedestrian tunnel, which is primarily made up of large precast pieces that will be trucked on-site. Crews will also break ground and begin construction of the noise wall on the west side of Highway 41 between Hundertmark Rd. and Lake Grace.
A Note about Truck Hauling
Community members have seen a noticeable increase in truck traffic in the area, and particularly on city streets. There are many public and private projects occurring simultaneously in the region.
Please go to the project website to see when the crews plan to do substantial hauling of materials to/from the construction area. The crews know to be alert and slow down in residential areas, and the city continues to work with the project team to maintain safe neighborhoods during construction.