This two-day program provides youth entering 2nd thru 4th grade an opportunity to learn about safety in a camp setting.
- Dates: July 6 to 7, 2022
- Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Chaska Community Center, 1661 Park Ridge Dr., Chaska, MN 55318 Get Directions
- Ages: Youth entering 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade in fall
- Cost: $40
- Fire safety
- Bike safety
- Personal safety
- Basic First Aid
- And many more!
- Chaska Police Department
- Chaska Fire Department
- Ridgeview Ambulance
- Chaska Community Center lifeguards
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- Canine demonstration
- And many more!
- Lunch & Snacks
- Games & Activities
- Safety Camp T-shirt
- Check-in is from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Please plan on being there between that time so we can get your child into their group. Please drop off your child at the theater door at the Chaska Community Center. We will have staff available to take your child to their area. Please be patient. There may be a line for drop-off since we have 120 youth participating. Please carpool if possible.
- Be sure to wear tennis shoes. We will play safety games, run around a little bit, and spend some time sitting on the ground. Your child will receive a special Safety Camp t-shirt that they will need to wear both days. Parents, please have everything labeled and in a backpack or tote with your child's name. Girls should plan to wear tank tops, so that you can put your camp t-shirt over it without needing to change.
- We will provide the children with lunch on both days. We'll have pizza one day and hot dogs the next. Lunches will include chips, fruit, a cookie, and beverage. We will also provide a snack in the morning. If your child has special dietary needs, please plan on bringing a bag lunch. We will also have plenty of water available. Since we have drinking fountains, you can pack a water bottle LABELED WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME. If your child has any special needs or will be taking medication during their time at camp, please contact Officer Janke at 952-448-4200 before camp day.
- Pick-up will be at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and 4:00 p.m. Wednesday. We will be curbside with youth outside the Community Center theatre doors. On Wednesday, you have the option to attend graduation at 3:30 p.m.
- Questions before the event: Contact Officer Janke at 952-448-4200
- Safety Camp Emergency Contact: Officer Janke at 612-217-3517. Please call if for some reason your child is unable to attend one or both days.